Wood Box Rustic Floral Arrangement Tutorial

So what do you do with an old wooden bit box found at a flea market???  Well, the answer is very simple for those of us that love all things vintage and worn...  We display flowers of course.  

And luckily, I scored big on my trip to my local grocery store yesterday. Our flower vendor had the most spectacular roses in stock.  I couldn't believe how gorgeous they were.  Two tone roses in the most delicate soft shades of pink and fuchsia.  I knew these roses were meant for me!!!  I grab two bunches and practically ran home to snap a few shots of them and arrange them to showcase their timeless beauty.

So today, I am sharing a tutorial on how I made this rustic centerpiece...  The best part of this tutorial, is that there are no fancy materials needed.  The only items required are the flowers, a few glass tumblers, water and floral shears or scissors.  And in less than 10 minutes, you will have a spectacular centerpiece that will rival any one that you may purchase at a Florist. 






The roses are so stunning that they will look just as beautiful in any container that you use.   For me, it was all about creating a unique and rustic display for these beauties. So this vintage wooden box came to mind.   A recent purchase from a flea market for about $10.00.  And I must admit, I am totally crushing over this gorgeous centerpiece.






Can you imagine this sweet arrangement dressing a table at a rustic/barn themed wedding??  How romantic....  These old wooden boxes are easily available and very affordable.  It is an unexpected take on a centerpiece that will add beauty and charm to your home.  For a more permanent display, you can use artificial flowers. Some Faux flowers can look incredibly real these days so experiment.  Try something new...  "See tutorial below."




Materials Needed





Here is how I  made the centerpiece:


Step One:  Find wood box or similar container



Step two:  Find glass tumblers that fit inside of the box or container. 
                 My box required four.




Step three:   Fill glass tumblers with water




Step Four:  Place glass tumblers inside of the box or container




Step Five:  Begin arranging the flowers until the entire top is covered with the
                  roses.  Be sure that all the stems are placed in the glass filled with 
                  the water.


Tip: Do not forget to remove the leaves at the bottom of the stems.  You do not        want bacteria to grow in the water.  It will kill your roses quickly.






This is what your arrangement should look like when done.




I also tucked in a few stems of white freesia for softness and texture but you do not need to use it on yours.






What do you think?  Will you be giving this a try?


Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you are a little inspired by my tutorial today.



Have fun creating....


Janet















Comments

  1. Lovely tutorial - clever to put the tumblers inside the box! We were thinking the same thing this week- flower arranging! I just love Spring, don't you? Your new blog layout is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Bernideen. I appreciate your visit and your kind words. I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

      Janet
      rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Absolutely lovely! I'm so glad you included the tutorial. I was wondering what kind of container you used when I read it was simply water glasses! So easy and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, Such beauty!! Although, you always amaze me with your beautiful displays! I'm so glad you came and shared this with me at the party!! Look for your feature next Thursday night!! By the way I pinned and shared your beautiful flower box and will be sharing it on Shoestring Elegance's Facebook page today!!
    Happy Weekend!
    Theresa ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning idea to share, thank you dearie !

    Wishing you a most lovely end of your week,
    with sincere gratitude !

    MUCH LOVE TO YOU

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I hope that you will link up with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party. Sunday-Wednesday. Check it out http://thinking-outside-the-pot.com/?p=3527

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I have been keeping my eyes open for similar box! Love the color of the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful sweet Janet ! You know, you are a friend I wish I was your next door neighbor, how fun we would have together visiting and haing tea together... I hope one we will meet, mi querida amiguita.
    I have a wooden tool box so it has a handle on top and that is not helpful for arranging flowers. Maybe I'll make one, lol.. Love it.
    Happy Palm Sunday.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this tutorial! My roses out front are blooming right now and I know what I will do with them for Easter Dinner!!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always for beautiful centerpieces and this one would look perfect on my big farmhouse table. I am actually working on something a little bit similar! Thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply beautiful! It looks so soft and romantic! Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Janet! Just wanted to let you know that we loved your Rustic Floral Arrangement so much when you shared it at the #HomeMattersParty last week, we’ve FEATURED it THIS WEEK! Hope you can check it out when you get a sec http://ourcraftymom.com/home-matters-linky-party-131/ Michelle 😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much prettiness, I love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A box like this is the number one item I search for when I'm out thrifting. Love this centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have featured you as part of Thursday Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts